For more infomation on the Arundel Cup Tournament please click on the following link:
Arundel Cup Information and Registration
Please pass the following info about Silent Sunday on to your parents. We need everyone to participate if this is going to work!
This was voted on by the league commissioners and passed, it is therefore the coaches responsibility to uphold the spirit of this event or be conducting themselves in a unsportsmanlike manner if they are willfully working to undermine it.
Silent Sunday began 18 years ago in the Northern Ohio Soccer League. Coaches and spectators were asked to stay silent so players could experience one day of soccer free from interference.
The result was so positive that league has continued the tradition every season since, and for the Anne Arundel Youth Soccer Association is doing it again.
Silent Soccer was approved for fall season for Friday 10/13 & Saturday 10/14. This season it will be mandatory, and we will continue discussions about adding it to AAYSA rules as a permanent event each season during the sixth set of games.
Goals of Silent Sunday:
- Foster independent thinking by players.
- Encourage communication between players.
- Support referees by reducing dissension.
- Give coaches a chance to see that players can survive - or even thrive - without constant guidance.
- Give parents a chance to see that players can thrive without constant encouragement.
- Please refrain from coaching players on the field - give your players a chance to solve problems as individuals and as a team.
- Offer instruction to players on the bench when necessary.
- Communicate to the field through substitutions.
- Please sit back, relax and enjoy watching your child play this fun game.
- Feel free to applaud when appropriate, but otherwise refrain from making comments (positive or negative).
- Have fun and remember, you will need your brain as much as your feet this weekend!
Club Reps: CLICK HERE to login
The following is the schedule for the fall season, including the Arundel Cup being played on Columbus Day Weekend and the two double header weekends. This is pretty much identical to last year’s schedule.
|1||9/8||Game 1||Game 1|
|2||9/15||Game 2||Game 2||Boys
|4||9/29||Game 5||Game 5||Reschedule|
Columbus Day Weekend
|Week 6 – Silent Weekend (Mandatory)|
|6||10/13||Game 6||Game 6||Reschedule|
|7||10/20||Game 7||Game 7||Boys
|9||11/3||Game 10||Game 10||Reschedule|
|10||11/10||Make Up Weekend|
|7/10||Registration Opens (NLT)|
|8/5||AAYSA – Field Availability Due|
|8/7||Commissioner – Field Availability Review|
|8/11||Registration Closes – All Placement Information Due|
|8/13||AAYSA Placement Meeting|
|8/13||Home Field Use Draft|
|8/14||Placements and Field Usage Available Online|
|8/17||Commissioner Placements and Field Usage Review – Comments Due|
|8/20||AAYSA – Updates to Placements/Fields|
|8/21||Team Schedule Requests Due|
|8/21||TSI Runs Schedule|
|8/25||AAYSA Schedule Adjustments|
|8/26||AAYSA Releases Schedule to Commissioners|
|8/28||Schedule Review by Commissioners Comments Due|
|8/31||Schedule Corrections by AAYSA|